Hello, old friend.

Salam and greetings,

Dear everyone,

Well, I'm back. I am not new to blogging. I started blogging in 2011 but it was more of following a trend. When I read back all of my posts, well, some of them were quite interesting. Didn't even think I could write that well. However, more than a half of them were terrible. Really terrible to the point that I decided to just delete them all - including the good ones. 

Why am I back to blogging?

First of all, I am a teacher now. An English teacher, to be specific. However, nowadays I spent a lot of time teaching instead of practicing the knowledge myself. Sure, when you teach, you learn as well. So, that is why I'm here. It started when I was proofreading my students' writings. Most of them are really good. I'm really impressed by their ideas -  not only the writing part. 

So, as I was reading their essays, I realized that I used to be one of them. I used to write. A lot! Sometimes I even drew comics. Usually, I got all the ideas from my dreams. Guess it was also because I used to have wild imaginations. My ideas were without boundaries. I could think of writing anything.

However, as time goes by, as I grew older, getting into the university, I started writing less. Well, writing narratives, that is. When I was doing my degree, I had to write a lot of academic essays. After that, when I graduated, I stopped writing completely. No narratives, no academic essays. Nothing.

So, as I read my students' essays - narratives - I realized that I shouldn't stop writing. It's one of the skills that is easily forgotten. We won't forget how to speak because we speak every second. We won't forget to read because we read everything. We won't forget to listen as we listen everyday. Writing. It's the only skill that we tend to forget because we no longer have purpose to do it anymore. Sure, we still write, but within guidelines. Writing that does not let our imagination run wild. Now, THAT, that is something I want to start doing again.

I want to write everything that comes into my mind. THAT is why I'm back to blogging. 

Yours truly,
Sara Shaari 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her fate